12.05.2009

Interview: Tim Munro, eighth blackbird

As a preview for the upcoming performance of Schönberg's Pierrot Lunaire by Chicago-based eighth blackbird, I did an interview with the ensemble's rockstar flutist Tim Munro. Tim has become the de facto spokesperson for the group and gives some interesting insights into the work as a whole as well as certain specific songs.

As a teacher of Music Appreciation, I wanted to make this into something that would be both accessible to a wide audience but interesting to people who already know Schönberg's groundbreaking work. It ended up being about 17 minutes long, but it seems to go by quickly.

Originally, this was just to be audio, but the only way to post the audio to this blog was as a video. So I whipped up a little video accompaniment in iMovie. It was in serious danger of being really cheesy, but I think I righted the ship before it was too late.

Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Very compelling; makes me want to witness the performance on Tuesday

    ReplyDelete